Quote:
However, for everyone who "want to buy" music (and Bitt, this isn't referring to your comment), let's see where your money goes:
Well honestly, none of that stuff comes cheap. Making a decent CD is more than just writing a song and having a band. Even then getting it into the hands of people to buy it is where most of the money is. Maybe a different system will work (and actually I think it will, and soon, exactly like Doug said where bands can release their stuff directly over the internet). My CD is almost finished and I guarantee it'll sell a very few copies because I don't have all of those slices of the pie working for me. Of course I'll get to keep every penny I make on it, but if I only sell 100 copies I think I'd rather have the $1.90 to sell thousands. Not to say that I want a record deal- I'm hoping I find another way- but I can certainly see the value record compaines and even record stores bring to the process.