Greetings!

Just checking to see if anyone else has had similar trouble...

I have recently upgraded my players to 100GB drives and version 2.01 and hijack 413. Sadly I did all three at the same time, making troubleshooting more challenging...

I am now seeing what I can only describe as a caching glitch. The start of each track now has a noticeable audio hiccup at approximately 17 seconds into the track. It is a short glitch, I suspect as the drives are read for more data. The effect is more obvious / blatent if I am skipping between tracks or if I perform other disk writes (setting bookmarks, etc.).

Now, the extra memory has been in place and working fine for a while under 2.0 and hijack 398 (my previously loaded version). So I do not suspect the memory enhancement.

This happens both in car and on AC power (docking station), with autodetected power or hijack forced AC/DC settings. There are no console error messages via hyperterm when connected, so I do not think it is a disk error or IDE issue. In fact, there are no spinup or informational messages at all - was that removed from 2.01?

I am currently building another empeg into the same combination of software / hardware to verify this. When that is complete (likely this weekend), I will try to duplicate this on another player. Unfortunately, I will also not be able to try any downgrade testing of the player software or hijack until that build completes. I am in the middle of a four day rsync...

Hardware: empeg Mark2A, 48MB RAM, dual 100GB
Software: developer 2.01, hijack 413, no other software, no cache statement in config.ini
Bootlog: memory / caching statements...
Memory: 47452k/48M available (984k code, 20k reserved, 692k data, 4k init)
Using non-standard cache size 614 (bonus 32Mb, adjustment 0)

Oh, and if it is of interest, I am one of those people who can no longer reboot the player through hijack or when doing an upgrade or kernel flash through logoedit. Any of these automatic reboots will fail and require a hard reset. This is for all of my players, so I suspect that the memory modifications have changed something there. Different item I know, but as long as I am posting...