Darn, I wish I could reproduce it on demand, but I can't now.

I just got done deleting a bunch of stuff from my Mark1, and a large percentage of those songs ended up in the "Unattached Items" folder unexpectedly.

Here's the steps I did last night:

- I wanted to pull a bunch of stuff off the Mark1 that my wife doesn't like. Because the Mark1 will be now almost exclusively played in her presence (we haven't yet settled on whether or not it goes in her car, but for now it is the household Empeg and gets shuffled from room to room).

- Among the things I was deleting was all of the Nine Inch Nails.

- I had two playlist sets: An Artist/Album/Songs set for Nine Inch Nails. And also there was a "Lan Party" playlist which contained a bunch of NIN, Prodigy, Crystal Method, etc.

- I deleted the NIN playlists. I think I did it by selecting the songs, pressing Delete, selecting the album playlists, pressing delete, then selecting the NIN playlist, and pressing delete. But it's possible that I just selected the album playlists and pressed delete instead of getting the individual songs.

- I then went to the Lan Party playlist and selected all of the songs and pressed Delete. Then I selected the Lan Party playlist itself and pressed Delete.

- I also deleted a bunch of other stuff on the empeg as part of this.

- Then I synched. All of the NIN songs were in "Unattached Items" afterwards. I had done a whole bunch of deletes, removing entire sets of artists in the same way I did the NIN stuff, but only the NIN stuff was in the Unattached Items folder.

Does that make any sense?