Quote:
On a side note, I'm from Florida, where as long as I can remember, it's been illegal to have an open container in your car.

Wow, I thought that at least since the late 70's, open alcohol in a car was illegal in the entire US! I can only guess that states that still allow this have very low rates of alcohol related car accidents or the businesses that sell them have a strong lobby. Either way, it doesn't seem right.

It's funny you brought up Florida though. When I was there for my honeymoon, my wife and I couldn't get used to the fact that you could walk down the street with a drink and carry it from bar to bar. I guess it would keep people from finishing their drinks too quickly so they could leave, but it also seems like trying to control under-age drinking would be impossible. This was in Ft. Lauderdale, I'm not sure if it's a state-wide thing.

We only tried it once. The whole time we walked along the road watching the sunset, we couldn't relax because we thought we were breaking the law!