Quote:
I will take you at your word on that, but "please stop being condescending" certainly alludes to a perceived pattern, and not one incident.

I was simply referring to this thread. No biggy.

Quote:
Quote:
I was under the impression that the rate at which alcohol is absorbed into the body is a direct result of the water content of the person.

Yes, but the flaw in your logic is that the "water content of a person" dwarfs the quantity of water than a person could possibly suck down ..

Nearly all of the hits I got from my search cited drinking equal quantities of water prior to and during the consumption of alcohol to reduce the rate of alcohol absorbtion. And they weren't fraternity house web sites. It's possible that all of them were wrong, I don't know. But it seems that even if drinking several pints of water did not increase the total % of water in your body by any measurable amount (and that too is an assumption) there would still be a huge increase of water in the digestive track to help dilute the alcohol and would aid the liver and kidneys in their filtering of alcohol.

I doubt if drinking a few carbonated beverages really changes your body chemistry much, but that is often cited as a way of increasing the rate of asorbtion. So what's in your belly sure seems to make a difference.

A handy BAC meter would be a nice way to find some of this out.