Isn't this like the twentieth time you've sold an empeg, just to come back to it again? At least do yourself a favor and hang onto it this time so you don't have to find one again.

That being said, what kind of "good hard facts" do you want? You want signal-to-noise ratio info? No one has it. And guess what? Unless you want to play your empeg in-car without the engine on, any noise coming from the car itself is going to more than compensate for the 2dB loss you might have anyway.

That being said, and I think I've said this all before:

"No longer supported": You think you're going to get any support on a home-built carputer? Or you think Pioneer/Sony/whoever support is going to be anything more than "buy another one"?

"Fewer and fewer around": First, are they spontaneously combusting and no one told me? Second, even if they are, who cares? Do you need ten thousand other people to also have one to make you feel like your purchase is okay?

The carputer will certainly have more features at the expense of having a good UI.

5.1/7.1 sound: Super if you're watching movies. So far, very few audio recordings have more than stereo separation. I suppose you could get those fifty albums from back in the 70s recorded in quadrophonic and the 12 albums from this year recorded as DVD-Audio.

Other commercial in-dash MP3 players: I'm assuming those are the ones with hard drives. And the ones you have to rip your CDs in car for. Actually, that won't be too bad since you can't fit much music on their 10GB hard drives.

Also, if you want people to respond and take you seriously, maybe you should think about using punctuation, good grammar, and correct spelling.