Quote:
The real comparison is in airline tickets.

I'd say the only comparisons are late 19th century railroad and oil barrons. For airlines, consumers can choose between many companies flying to the same destination on the same date. But MIB is only coming to Brad's town on one date to one venue, so it makes unfortunate monopolistic sense that TicketMaster is the only one with tickets. Why they haven't been broken up is beyond me.

Quote:
I haven't been to a show for years that had tickets sold through ticketmaster. Everything have went to lately has been in some dive bar kind of place where they don't have seating anyway.

Amen. If the artist is big enough for Ticket Master to care, I'll skip it. And if the venue is big enough to be pwnd by TicketMaster, I'll go somewhere else. RIP - Birch Hill Nightclub, Old Bridge, NJ - 10/26/03

That being said, I snagged tickets off eBay for a big venue appearance by an obscure band where tickets were only available through our favorite ticketing service. Such an odd show sold out so quickly likely thanks to scalpers who work TicketMaster and eBay as a full time job. All this big money nonsense is a total drag for music fans.