Quote:
Considering Ticketmaster does little more than run a database and a website, I don't know how they explain their fees except to say they can get away with it.
Well ticketmaster is still around when others failed (tickettron comes to mind), so I can only assume that there is some kind of trick to making their business work.

I also fear that as expensive as they are, the prices are probably what the market can bare. In fact, as long as there is ticket scalping ticket prices are too low.

I don't mean to defend Ticketmaster, but I don't see them as price gouging the way many do. They are providing a service, and while in this age of the internet I'm not sure how much longer it'll be needed, it's still a valuable service.

HOWEVER, this whole thing of killing you with fees rather than just calling the ticket price what it is, that is pure crap. It's even worse than my cell phone bill. I agree with the rest of you on this point- that kind of false advertising (and by "false advertising", I mean it in the practical sense, not the legal sense) makes me not what to do business with them. A band pretty much has to be Rush for me to buy tickets these days.