Don't assume Jack saw him the first time. At least don't assume he saw the real person. We've seen other people "seeing things" on the island. It's not a far stretch to suppose this guy Desmond was never in the stadium with Jack in the first place.

And my guess for timeline is that the stadium and accident scenes were about 5 or 6 years in the past.

Of note (but I haven't confirmed for myself) is that the guy who died (in the car accident from the flashback) has the same last name as Boon (now dead) and his sister.

Brief mention of Alias: The EPG description for the premiere is sounding like another big messy pile of JJ crap. Vaughan suspected of being a double agent. Oh boy. Last season started out a giant mess but got better toward the end. I just want to see a solid story from start to finish this time around, sans fromage.

Back to Lost... Everyone else hear the rumor (supposedly from Matthew Fox) that they're supposed to find additional survivors of the crash? Namely the African American lady's husband and the girl Jack met at the bar in one of the flashbacks from the last episodes last season.

Bruno