Quote:
Quote:
Well, if you didn't give it a SIGKILL (that is, signal 9), it might have the opportunity to do that.

I forgot to confirm I was seeing the same issues as Mike was. Anything other then a SIGKILL doesn't work, at least not from the hijack menu. I haven't sat down to see exactly why, as to me, this doesn't bother me. Sure, the empeg is a Linux running box, but I see it more as an appliance. As long as the empeg recovers properly from this, and does what I expect when I say stop the process, I'm happy. And thus far doing a SIGKILL is not showing any problems.

FWIW, I've decided I agree with Drakino and have added instructions for doing a kill -9 to my install page. The drives are mounted read only at that point so it's not like daapd would be doing anything other than quitting other threads and saying goodbye to iTunes clients gracefully. A SIGKILL is effective and harmless in this situation even if it isn't exactly proper. Of course the source is up on my page if anybody wants to do a proper fix.

-Mike