Supposedly all of the computer equipment is on it's on dedicated grounded circuit which was replaced last week with no help. I did notice that the Hughes satellite receiver would blink 0 3 every once in a while which means that it thinks that it has lost signal and wants to dial out, but that lasts just a matter of 30 seconds. It will be replaced this coming week since it shouldn't be doing that, we did disconnect the modem from it. It is connected to the switch and could be sending something through the network cable. I tried a Trip-lite network cable line suppressor on the Unix server but then the help desk lost connection and couldn't ping it though I could still connect on-line to them so we took that off.

It's beyond me or anyone else trying to work on the problem so far to figure it out. The electricians were supposed to do load tests on the motors on the different equipment but never did and we don't know why. The work orders go through four different channels and who knows what gets said to whom. The home office kept saying it was a hardware failure on the Unix server and or drives until the IBM Windows 2000 server started reporting power supply loses once in a while and lately showed a 9 second loss on the network card the same time the Unix server crashed.

It's all just an unending nightmare to me. I now have two of our equipment depots supplying drives to me because one can't keep up with my demand. And I have a special team on our help desk working on it and they are putting in a tremendous amount of time also. I want to wake up soon and have it all go away.

MKI #017/90

whatever