Is anyone running Virtual PC on a recent G4 iBook?

Specifically, how is the performance? Is it useable for apps like OziExplorer, or other apps that receive data through the serial port? (I realise the iBooks don't have a serial port - I have purchased a Keyspan serial to USB adaptor.)

How about games from around the Win 98 era?

Does anyone have any info regarding how long it will be before MS releases VPC for Intel Macs?

The reason for the questions is that I would like to buy a laptop (for GPS mapping in a 4WD) and also give OSX a try, so to kill two birds with one stone, I thought I would buy a 12" iBook, and potentially long term gradually retire my Windows desktop PC.

I am not in a great hurry to buy so I could wait for the Intel 'books but at present VPC doesn't work under Rosetta, and there are a few Windows apps that I need to run such as a proprietary app for an RFID reader, so rather than have a full tower PC sitting there just for that, I would like to run everything on the laptop.

Judging by the rumours, the Intel iBooks (MacBooks?) would be a fair bit faster than the G4s and I guess I could live without VPC until MS get it working.

Are the new iBooks/MacBooks likely to stay the same price as the existing line, since the 15" MacBook Pro is quite a lot dearer than the 15" G4 Powerbook it replaced?

Thanks.

Sorry for the rambling post.

"I spent 90% of my money on women, drink and fast cars. The rest I wasted." - George Best