The graphics drivers will likely be the most difficult problem to tackle.

It also doesn't seem like it was a rushed hack. I only took a brief look at the files and instructions, but it looks like they did it by changing a fundamental part of the new machines. Namely the boot ROM. The new Mac machines use EFI and it appears the "hacker" used some EFI toolkit and mashed together some BIOS support into a new file (the XOM file you had to install and bless). I didn't look at the slipstreamed changes to teh XP disc, but the boot ROM part has always been the biggest stumbling block.

Now for the graphics, the firmware on that is also EFI-specific as well as Mac-centric. It's not compatible with older Macs nor is it compatible with regular Windows. I suspect we'll need to see a replacement firmware for the graphics as well. And if I'm not mistaken, this should be able to be done from a disk-based driver (it's just that no existing driver offers the support/features required as-is).

Do ethernet and wifi drivers work properly right now? Does the keyboard light up? Firewire?

Mac OS is one of the primary reasons for using a Mac in the first place, but I understand some people will have a desire or rather requirement to pop into Windows once in a while. For me virtualization would be the ideal choice as I'd much rather run one or two Windows apps within the greater Mac environment rather than have to reboot. This would be more like running two distinct computers but with approximately half the weight (and much less hard drive space

Unfortunately I also find something about this whole process funny, but I can't say what it is in the public message forum. Damn. Because I'd so very much like to say what it is. (It's a matter of NDA issues, not language/profanity in case anyone was wondering).

Bruno