Quote:
Oh cool. My foray into running a BBS didn't last long!!! I had help from olly tseliki (sp?) trying to get it all working, I can't remember the name of his bbs now though.

I remember Ollie - wasn't he one of the rebels with an Acorn BBS running on a PC? I recall he helped me when I transformed Noah into TNCS on a PC (that didn't last long!).

Quote:
So you owned/ran noah then? That's pretty cool, I used to use that occasionally I think! The BBS I used to use most was TWoC.

Yep, I was the second ArcBBS sysop after Alan Glover (well, and after Hugo obviously). I guess that would have been 1989 - I wasn't old enough to drive yet, and Hugo had just bought his MX5. Ah, the good 'ol days.

Quote:
Think I sent a message to him and he said that he should resurrect TWoC because it was still on one of his machines!

Arcade BBS is still online but I suspect it's probably the last ArcBBS in use. My (highly modified) A440 is still in the garage somewhere so it's quite possible Noah has survived on some dodgy old 40GB hard disk.

http://arcade.demon.co.uk/

Rob