Quote:
The front end software I am eyeing as an alternative is CentraFuse [ ... ] I'd lose the AM/FM radio, screen tilt controls and brightness controls.

About every frontend supports the excellent HQCT tuner. Not StreetDeck, I assume because it competes with their own yet to be released HD Radio tuner, or because it's "not invented here", but in Be
lgium.

The tilt controls on the unit itself should remain working. Oh, and my software tilt control does not work either, not in StreetDeck, not in Infill Station.

Quote:
I don't use any of the XM/Sirius/HD stuff, the empeg weaned me off radio long ago.

Ha, that was one of the excused for StreetDeck staff being slow with supporting FM tuners: "FM radio stations are crap".

Quote:
And the nav engine sucks. horribly.

Hmm, I have AutoRoute Express, and it's not so bad at all. I would hope that Mappoint Europe is just as good.

Quote:
I still can't get it to show album art, and refuse to go some proprietary way to get it in there.

I already had folder.jpg files in every directory. This is needed for lots of apps. Works great on StreetDeck, if only they would honour the aspect on a wide screen like the G4 screen.

Quote:
Basically my car offers no constant 12+ illumination wire, it's all pulsed for dimming.

I believe there are adapters that convert CanBus digital signals to plain signals required for many aftermarket headunits.

Quote:
I really want navigation in the dash, along with good media playback.

Most frontends do navigation by starting an external application. I haven't seen any that can display the "now playing" info inside the navigation window.

Pim