come on people play fair

I am pretty sure that the screen readability varies tremendously from one unit to another, due either to variations in manufacturing, or more likely due to failure of screen display components.

I know that there really are some empegs whose screen display literally disappears completely in daylight even if the sun is not shining directly on the screen. (These are clearly units with failed components.) And I know there really are some empegs whose screen display is readable with the sun shining directly through the rear window onto the display. (I happen to have one of those.)

I'm fortunate in that I have a unit whose display properties, day or night, are nearly perfect. (Nearly, because I happened to get one of the units whose display is mounted a little bit higher, relative to the fascia, than normal and in my particular installation the fascia blocks the top left corner of the display. This, however, is a trivial problem.) Please don't think that people who are complaining about hard to read displays are just whiners -- there are empegs out in the world that really do have display difficulties, and you can rest assured that Hugo and crew are doing whatever is required to take care of the problem.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"