(ie, in the range 57-63v). If it's any less, the display will be dimmer than it should be. Some of the displays we had back were in the range 12-25v.

Thanks very much, Hugo. I really appreciate you being so open about this issue. Alas, my voltage sits happily at 60.3 volts. Is there anything else to check? I swear it's hard to read. When driving to lunch yesterday a friend and I were playing a game of "Can you tell when the display is on?" as I rotated through the info options. One clue that I had is that it is sensitive to the input voltage. I was running it off a lab supply from 11 to 15.5V. Sadly, I didn't write down what the display voltage range was. In my office, I run it at 15.5V and I can read the display even with sun streaming in through the slightly tinted window. Any ideas?

P.S. I really enjoyed cracking the lid of this sweet little box. It's so well designed and built! Somewhere I've seen a picture where the sides were bent wide to defeat the interlocking top/front tabs on either side. Sacrilege! A little gentle coaxing will allow the side tabs to slip between the top plate and its tabs closest to the display. No ugly bends to interfere with the docking sled.

-jim 080000260 w/18G in a Carrera