Quote:
But seeing as how the normal Half Life 2 game makes me motion sick after five minutes, I think Portal would do horrible things to my stomach.

It's funny, but for me, motion sickness is a bad headache rather than stomach upset. Oddly, the game that made me motion sick the worst recently was BioShock, whereas Halo3 and the Valve games don't cause that so much.

Anyway, yeah, if HL2 makes you hurl, Portal would probably do so in much quicker fashion due to the constant shifting of gravity reference frame.

Have you ever tried taking motion sickness drugs? Do they help? This game is worth going to all that trouble for.

Quote:
Is it as good as it looks? I hear it's a fairly short playtime. Are there any particularly insane puzzles?

Yes, yes, and yes.

The short playtime is fine for me because the core game is just SO AWESOME in so many ways. There is some replay value as I mentioned above, though.

I think the best part was having Vixy nearby while I was playing. She was totally cracking up (along with me) over everything GLaDOS said.