Originally Posted By: tman
Originally Posted By: Dignan
I sort of expected to have a GTA1/2-esque camera, which was stationary top-down.

Unlikely you'll find that particular type of camera positioning in games now. Everything has pretty much gone 3D and you'll have the from above but back a bit angle.

Not unless some indie game company comes out with something anyway.

No no, I'm not complaining about the angle. I'm complaining about the movement and rotation. What I want is a way to lock the camera to north. It can be angled to whatever they want (or they could let me control that), I just want the damn camera to stop moving! And after reading a few reviews, it sounds like I wan't alone on this particular game. There's a demo version on Steam, if you want to try it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted By: Dignan
Damn, this is really impacting my ability to enjoy gaming...

Bejeweled? :P

I get motion sickness if I'm not careful when playing FPS games but generally it takes a while to kick in so just having breaks is enough for me. Not sure what else to suggest for you really...

Well, the only real suggestion for me is...well...your joke suggestion smile I've been playing a lot more casual games lately (Zuma, PvZ (which I love, but I've finished), etc.).

But mostly, I'm perfectly fine if the "camera" is either stationary, or moves in two dimensions.

I've finally resigned to the fact that I can't play FPS games. Not even for a couple minutes. frown Oh well, I had a BLAST playing Plants vs Zombies. But those games don't come along very often these days.

You know what I'd love? Scribblenauts on the PC. I don't have a DS, but that game looks like fun...