I just don't think it looks as good as the old car. I had one for the afternoon and it didn't seem to hold the road any better than the old one, if anything it's handling was more unpredictable.

Apart from being expensive and painfully hot in the summer sun, leather seats are also likely to give you a sweaty arse. I always thought the Smart leather seats feel really cheap, not a patch on the ones I had in my 172, also because the leather is quite thin, they get creased to buggery and end up looking like an old lady's face.

It's a shame, but I don't think the 4-2 will ever be a daily driver for me again. Who knows, I may mellow in a few years and get a 2nd hand one as a second car. But for the same money as a Cabrio Passion I could get a Fiat 500 Sport with a bigger boot, rear seats, an extra year of warranty and dealers who don't work on the Mercedes hourly rate. The guy that bought my Roadster is an absolute smart nut. He's got 4 smarts including a gorgeous 4-2 Brabus Cabriolet and despairs for the future, he can't stand the new one.

Edited by andym (29/07/2008 17:54)

Andy M