It's going to be a standard feature across the range, even the Brabus from next year. The dealer (Smart Manchester) tells me it won't cost any more, and there are other spec improvements also, just trim mainly.

It's been an option in mainland Europe since late last year, so the technology has been proven. It's not like I am buy the latest thing that hasn't been tested or anything.

This model of Smart is over a year old now, so I am confident that any problems will have been sorted, there are not the common problems (so far) the the Smart Mk1 had in the start. In all there were 8 revisions for the Smart Mk1 mine was a v7 your a v8 (the ForTwo). Also this model does not have a turbo, a major failing point of the old engine. You can get a turbo version but we drove it last weekend and it really isn't very good, the gearbox can't keep up!

The UK will also be getting the cdi version next year some time, one of the lowest emission fossil fuel cars in production. That option will cost more, but I would have really thought about it as it gets 80mpg+ !!!

Cheers

Cris.