I'm not trying to place blame with my comment. But I don't think it's a good idea to facilitate using IE within a firefox wrapper. It just keeps people using those same IE-only sites and keeps the developers of those sites thinking nothing's wrong. It helps perpetuate the problem.

Have a bank that only works in IE? Close your accounts and tell the bank why. I would email one bank weekly telling them to make sure their site was working with the Gecko engine and telling them to remove any user agent checks. The last few times I threatened moving my business elsewhere which coincidentally brought a follow-up email stating they had just removed the agent checks and the site should now be accessible though they could not guarantee it would render perfectly. It did and I stayed.

IE is so much a part of WIndows that "firing up IE" doesn't really mean that much. No more than opening the IE engine within a Firefox tab anyway. Hopefully the inconvenience will be incentive to voice your dissatisfaction in the right direction.

When I try Chrome I'll be doing it for the ability to run one tab without affecting the responsiveness of another. Safari is killing me in that respect at the moment and the memory issues are why I am looking at Firefox in the first place. I need some theme adjustments and extensions solely to make up for deficiencies in Firefox's design at the moment. I only wish all its issues could be remedied with these types of band-aids.