Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Out of curiosity, have you ever been satisfied with any piece of software ever?

Being satisfied and seeing room for improvement are two different things. Firefox has not ever previously left me satisfied. I was looking for a replacement the day after I started using it. It took a while for the alternatives to become less painful.

I was, until the problems I've mentioned before came up, satisfied with Safari 3. Lightroom fits the bill. Apple's own Mail until Leopard. Squeeze Center. Quite a lot of other software in fact. Some software one might be satisfied with at one point and then grow out of favor with for whatever reasons.

Choice isn't bad, but there are bad choices. I don't think any piece of software needs to have 99% of the extensions and add-ons available for Firefox to be successful. And I do think Google will be able to eat a significant share of FF market with or without extensions or an extension repository.

I can see the points Tony has made with regards to IE. I suppose I'm more elitist when it comes to web compatibility. wink Using a Mac I'll don't have an option of loading IE in any way shape or form natively, so it's not an issue I have to personally manage. I'm also fortunate in that I don't visit any sites that require, recommend or even work better with IE.