Hi, I've been having the same problem with noise. Measured the voltage between the empeg sled (with the audio connection to the amp disconnected) and the amp ground connection and got a reading of 0.05V. Not much, but still something (especially once it's been amplified). Tried changing the length of the amp earth lead to try and get the same resistance and thus avoid a ground loop, but made no noticable difference. Then noticed that the voltage between the empeg case and the empeg earth lead at the back of the connector was 0.038V!! Grounding the case (as suggested by hobbes in October last year) made quite a noticable difference!! Hmmm, is this right, or do I have a dud connection inside my empeg?? Now have a case to empeg earth voltage of 0.006V and an empeg earth to amp earth voltage of 0.010V. And it is still noisey! (just not quite as bad any more). Tried lenghting up the amp earth (by 2 1/2 m!) and got the empeg-amp voltage down to 0.002V, but this made no noticable difference to the noise (well no that I noticed). Hugo, want to get the boys to bring their tool box to the meed in Holland? Oh, the noise I am getting is alternator noise with the motor running, and what sounds like digital noise with the motor off. The amp is mounted right next to the empeg too. Have read Tonys FAQ and the references in it, but haven't found a complete solution yet

(list 6284, Mk1 S/N 00299 4GB blue [for sale]. Mk2 S/N 080000094 6GB blue)