Oooh. I also want to say that I imagine the Tivo software will be ported to the HR2x machines. Then, you would be able to pay an addition fee to have the software loaded on your boxes. Tivo has done this with comcast already. It makes sense since there is nothing wrong with the hardware. Why reinvent it?

You could argue that there is nothing wrong with the software either, but the interface is mostly a matter of preference. I find the HR2x software much more responsive than tivo, but dual live buffers would be nice to have again. I like that HR2x has an iTAP-like feature for searcing, but maybe Tivo has this now too? The media streaming features of the HR2x are not nearly as good as Tivo was, but it's still better than my PS3.

There's no question that DirecTV really effed-up on the HR20 launch, but none of those issues/bugs exist anymore. I know people still bitch about lock ups, but I never see that on any of my 3 boxes. I have a strong signal, so maybe that's it. I have peaked these 5-LNB dishes before, and it is indeed a pain. If you get a competent installer, I would imagine there will be no issues.