Nonono... I absolutely loath bash. Hadn't I made that clear?

What I said was that I had cygwin installed on my Windows machine and therefore bash was already there. And importantly that I had sourced this script which was already bash and wanted to avoid having to re-write the whole thing myself.

Prior to you (Bitt) cleaning everything up, I was ready to install PHP so that I could rewrite the whole thing in PHP-CLI (still using XMLSTARLET though smile ) Trevor, I found out last night about installing PHP for use without a web server.

If I had known that someone would have taken the time to pretty much re-write the whole thing for me, I would have said to feel free and do it in Perl or PHP. You guys are too nice however and also I wasn't trying to put anyone out.

I thought maybe someone would just try it out to tell me if it was hanging for them or not and then I'd just resign myself to doing it all from (mostly) scratch.

And Peter, with regards to the If wget... That's exactly how I'd do it in PHP, so that's what I was asking about the implementation in bash.

Anyway, just another amazing example of the empegBBS circle of friends.

Edited by hybrid8 (16/01/2009 19:06)