actualy.. the TiVo "1.1" equivalent.. TiVo 2.0 software was rolled out recently.. and it added all of the missing features that I wanted.. the bigest one to date was the ability to have 2 "season passes" that conflicted sometimes, and prioritze which one would get recorded. :) :)

Oh, I'm not going to deny that is was rolled out... After a HELL of a wait, and promises. It still shipped with bugs, like any software product out there. There has already been one meta patch developed and in the process of rolling out (the resolution bug), and there is still the VERY big issue of the stammering/stuttering on many units, hacked and unhacked.

But overall, it's a hell of an improvement.

The alpha testers are the only ones seeing 1.1 now... Which is not a bitch in and of itself, just an observation on the state of things. To the general public, 1.1 is a mythical promise. I have no doubts it will come true, it's just the waiting for it that's the problem... esp. when every other post surrounding wishlists and bugs seems to be "It's in 1.1"

(RANT) Even Kit's wonderful hack of the clock into 1.02 was met immediately with a "This is in 1.1" post. That's wonderful, I'm glad to hear it, but "It's in 1.1" doesn't address the fact that the public doesn't HAVE 1.1. Kit came up with a hack that helped people NOW. Repeating the 1.1 mantra just wears sometimes. (/RANT)

Gee... I'm glad there isn't a zealous moderator around this place...

I just can't understand the concept of having a TiVo and an empeg AND a crappy TV... One of these things doesn't match the others....... One of these things isn't the same.... You know the song, JOIN IN!

Wow... too much Caffeine. MUCH too much...