Good to know this is possible, as I have been GSM cellular only for a while now. Is this also true on the DirecTV TiVo? After owning a DishPlayer, I can't see myself going to a normal TiVo or other box. I much prefer the integration for things like this when the quality wins because of it.

I'm NOT sure about the directivo. I THINK it has the connector, but I don't know for sure. The problem with the Directv box is it is of significant enough difference from the standalone's that many things don't work the same.

I've got one of the Dishplayers... Personally, I'm of the opinion it's a piece of [censored]. I've canceled the PTV features on the thing, and pass it through to a TiVo. Twice a week I've got to go in and clear the damn TiVo because the dishplayer has decided to reboot and stay at that opening screen for 7+ programs. Great idea for a device, but the implementation... Well, It's MS, so what should I have expected? I'm SOOO ready to toss the damn think in front of a shotgun.

I sure hope Dish gets their act together about the integrations... I don't want to go back to Directv either, but those integrated Tivos look so good.