Originally Posted By: drakino

It's amazing to look back and see exactly how far things have progressed. I do remember being slightly concerned the empeg didn't have 100Mbit when I ordered my Mark 2 unit, but that was only because I had spent the extra money to ensure I had a 100MBit switch on a portion of my home network. And now, a good portion of people can get broadband that would saturate a 10Mbit connection and most modern routers are making the jump from 100Mbit to 1Gbit.

(ramble)

Every time I take out my Atari800 (or 130xe) and play Star Raiders, I'm also impressed with what one could write in 4KB of space to run on a 1.89MHz computer.

laugh

Indeeeeed. My friend and I used to consider how our microwave ovens were 2.485GHz and how obscenely awesome it would be to clock a 6502 at 2.485Ghz!! Zooom!

Yea... hahaha

What's really funny is on OpenCores.org, someone replicated one of the Apple computers (I think a ][+ or maybe a //e) into an FPGA.

Awesome. Atari would be probably be a little/lot harder because of all of it's support chips that handled things that were loaded onto the CPU's of the Apples. (One of the reasons Atari's were so technically superior...)

(/ramble)