Originally Posted By: wfaulk
That's for business accounts, no? I believe personal accounts have no fees at all. I could be wrong, though.

Personal PayPal accounts didn't used to be able to receive credit card payments. If they now can, it's limited to something like up to 5 per month or similar. Seriously, look at the information for a Personal account, which is the most confusing content on their site, and you'll quickly find out that Personal accounts are useless. They also have a receiving limit which includes all forms of payment, including from other people's accounts directly.

The rates for Amazon I posted were directly from their site, but from a different page than the one you linked. It didn't say anything about the rates being for any specific type of account.

The page you linked lists personal limits, but doesn't say that personal accounts don't ALSO pay the receiving fees.

BTW, that whole Amazon payments site looks like it was lifted directly from PayPal. And the level of confusion and obscurity for "Personal" WebPay is at least as bad as PayPal's.

Edited by hybrid8 (23/07/2009 18:39)