Quote:
First, I would be surprised if the BillPay from the BoA individual account to the WF individual account didn't show up as a check in your mailbox.

Yes, this was my skepticism as well. However, I'm told that when it's spec'd the way we spec'd it (destination address of Wells Fargo Bank, account number of the household account number), then the bank receives it and deposits it to the specified account. Hopefully in the next couple of days we'll see the funds hit, and have this confirmed.

Quote:
Instead of depositing a check, get cash from BoA and deposit cash in WF. It's more inconvenient, but there's no clearing time for cash.

In my past experience, placing cash into a deposit envelope at an ATM ends up with the same, or close to the same, clearing-time. The back-end system of gathering the ATM envelopes and processing their contents doesn't distinguish between checks and money until farther down the line. I remember once putting hundreds of cash dollars into an ATM on a Friday night and being unable to access those funds until mid-week the following week. So the only way to get an ATM deposit to happen instantly is to skip the ATM and deposit at a teller window. Which is even more inconvenient than going to an ATM.

Quote:
Your best bet remains split direct deposit. There is no publicly accessible immediate (or even less-than-several-days) funds transfer system in the US.

Yeah, I'm hoping that we can work out a split direct deposit. I need to find out why it wasn't possible the first time we investigated it, and investigate it harder.

Also still considering PayPal.