Wow, more computer problems. Unpleasant coincidence that my PVR server has also acted up again. The POS Crucial memory seems to have gone tits up again. And the ASUS mobo can also complain of "invalid overclocking settings" and "needs a new BIOS" after power cycling the machine.

My solution is a muti-step process and step number one happened last night.

I snapped the first Crucial dimm in half. That allowed the system to run over night. Next I will buy a new complete PC from some crappy vendor like Dell. I'll get garbage hardware, but I'll get a warranty that will allow me to have the whole thing replaced or repaired for years to come.

My next step is to snap the other dimm and then crack the whole motherboard in half.

I'm thinking about sending the fixed parts back to their manufacturers. I'll reiterate what I've said in the thread I started about this long ago... ASUS = CRAP. And now as I see, Crucial = CRAP. Selling low-quality RAM with invalid specifications posing as higher-quality kit is a pretty shady way to do business.

That said, my Shuttle system (SS51G-something from like 8 years ago) is still running like a champ.