No, Trevor, in fact I'm running it at UNDER advertised rates/settings and have been all along. I thought I was quite clear about this in the previous thread.

Its advertised and promoted at the higher over-clocked ratings and it's not disclosed that this RAM is being pushed above its specs to achieve those ratings.

Quote:

Crucial Ballistix 1GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Desktop Memory Model BL12864AA106A - Retail

This memory is sold as DDR2 1066MHz memory. I've tried it at its advertised specs, but have been running with the computer's BIOS set to "auto" for everything which lets it run at DDR2 800MHz.

This is the type of comment you will see at *ALL* the review sites (which I'd only discovered after my last problem):

Quote:

I built two identical computers each with two 1G Crucial Ballistix memory sticks (2G dual-channel). After 6 months, one of them starting hanging and crashing. After eliminating all other possibilities, I replaced the Crucial Ballistix memory with another manufacture's memory. It resolved the problem immediately. After 8 months, the second PC starting doing the same thing. I again replaced the Crucial Ballistix memory with something else. It worked flawlessly afterward.

Crucial is just Micron's junk consumer brand. And as far as ASUS goes, I've never not had one of their mobos go bad. All this junk is built for the tweaker who replaces all their parts multiple times per year unfortunately.