Originally Posted By: tman

It is advertised as DDR2 1066MHz memory but with some specific voltage requirement. It is being overclocked but they are disclosing this fact. Every major memory manufacturer does this. It isn't specific to Crucial. If you want DDR2 1066MHz memory that runs at standard voltage then pay more for it.

But it isn't advertised as requiring a higher clock. If you search hard enough, you'll find the information on some sites (it may even appear easily on some others). But it isn't obvious nor is it even available at all on some sites, including NewEgg.com nor the place I purchased it from locally. Once bought, you can see "2.0v" on the sticker, but there's nothing in the packaging nor literature that says this is an "overclocked" rate. One may just assume that it's a 2v part and that the mobo can deliver 2v (which it can).

It was priced at "around" the same price as other memory. I would have most definitely bought another part if I had known the facts about these modules. I simply (and blindly I suppose) trusted the "Crucial" brand.

My experiences only echo what others are seeing - rampant failure of all Ballistix branded modules in a wide assortment of configurations and motherboards. They're guaranteed for life if you feel like wasting time and money on postage. I think I'll send Crucial the "pieces."

I've been building PCs for 15 years and have never had any other memory go bad. ASUS mobos yes, but memory, no.