Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Did you guys notice that while the church looked like a typical Christian church (inside and outside), the room Jack entered into where he talked to his father (who coincidentally is also named Christian smile ) was full of decorations/artifacts from a number of different world religions.

I did notice that. I'd previously half-dismissed a friend's statement that the show had very religious overtones, but I suppose I agree a little more now. I certainly never thought that Jacob and his brother were God and the devil. I still think overall the show isn't overly religious, but that might depend on the viewer.

Quote:
In the end I think I agree with the producers that this was, all along, mostly a character-driven story. I cared far more about the characters in the end than I did about the details. So much in fact that I didn't even think for a second "hey, what about xxxx" when it ended.

I had the exact same feeling. My major concern about Lost was that I had kind of stopped caring about the characters. But when those last scenes hit, I saw that wasn't true.