Originally Posted By: hybrid8
It's not only improbable, but impossible for them to have been dead all along. Matt, you can tell anyone who says that to you that I said they're out to lunch:

1. Julliette wasn't on the plane.
2. Ben wasn't on the plane.
3. Penny wasn't on the plane.
4. Desmond wasn't on the plane.
5. Why would characters who were on the plane, die AGAIN? (Boone, Shanon, Jin, Sun, etc...)

Good points, of course, but, at the time I considered briefly the possibility that life on the island was already some sort of life after death, I was also assuming that people-not-on-the-plane, via Dharma Initiative which I did (and still don't) know much about, gained also access to that life-after-death dimension where all Oceanic 815 passengers had ended.
Yes, it was probably a big stretch, and that's why i found that unfit.

And then yes, dying a second time would have been "strange". Some "esotheric" traditions maintain that souls of dead people who don't accept death don't move ahead and live a life-after-death created by them as they themselves wish it to be - and this is also what happens in Lost, I think: many end up doing better the things they liked to do, others do completely different things to avoid mistakes, othters do whatever they feel like doing and has a meaning to them -. In that respect, dying again could have been "possible" as part of the life-fiction one decided to create for him/herslef.
However, a big stretch.

Quote:

I believe they gave a number of obvious nods in the final episode alone that confirmed that what had happened on the island was real. Including near the end where Ben and Hugo have the short exchange about being #1 and #2.

Yes, absolutely. As well as Christian Sheppard's words to Jack himself, in the church. He basically says it openly.

Quote:

Did you guys notice that while the church looked like a typical Christian church (inside and outside), the room Jack entered into where he talked to his father (who coincidentally is also named Christian smile ) was full of decorations/artifacts from a number of different world religions.

Indeed. Jack's father image in front of the colored-glass window seemed to be conceived to be very symbolic.

Quote:

While I also would have loved to have a few more elements revealed, I think it would have honestly taken twice as many episodes, if not three times to unravel them cleanly,

True, but I think that by reducing a bit chasing and shooting they could have explained quite more details. It would have been less action, definitely, and many would have probably found the show more boring.

Quote:

Maybe we'll see a story some day set in the Lost universe that will reveal everything else. Maybe a book.

I'd be happy with some special feature in the BD Super-Collection-Box that I am sure will be published at some point. smile

Edited by taym (29/05/2010 20:20)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg