Originally Posted By: wfaulk
The severe downhill momentum for BSG for me started at "All Along the Watchtower". I'm not sad I watched it all the way through, but the first two seasons, with some exceptions, were nearly brilliant, IMO, and the later seasons didn't even come close.

Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. I could have forgiven the "All Along the Watchtower" stuff if the show didn't end the way it did. I know there's plenty about Lost that's unexplained, but nothing about the use of that song on BSG made any sense at all. Ugh.

Was the "New Caprica" stuff in seasons 1/2? If not, I'd say that just after that was when I thought it went downhill. I liked it despite Lee-XL smile

Oh, I just remembered my other USA shows:

Psych
White Collar [which had a big 1st season ending]
Covert Affairs [going to try this one out - not sure if I'll like it]

I think USA has turned out to be my favorite network overall. They don't have my absolute favorite shows, but they put out consistently enjoyable stuff, and they really give their shows a chance. I don't seem to recall a series they launched that only got one season, and they've stuck with a few until long after they were viable (Dead Zone).

Originally Posted By: JeffS
My wife has also recently acquired the entire series of Charmed and Sex and the City- neither of which I'll be watching (ripping down Sex and the City is kinda painful, tbh), but they should keep her entertained at least. Also may be ripping down Buffy for her as well (we have season 3+- I'd have to get 1 and 2)

I guiltily admit to having watched almost all of Charmed (not Sex in the City). As I've said before, I'm a sucker for fantasy, and Charmed had an okay mythology around it. It's definitely a soap opera, but it's fairly entertaining. For whatever reason, my wife and I just stopped watching with only a season or two left.

That reminds me, my wife and I will have to watch Buffy season 1. We actually skipped that one, because the two previous times she's tried to get into the show we started with that season, and she found it too silly (it's pretty darn silly in places). We started with season 2 and went from there...