Back to something I mentioned previously... In the finale of Season 1, Michael and Fiona are seen putting together a decent collection of guns in preparation for their mission to go save Sam. In the narration Sam mentions that commandos are all about surprise, yadda yadda, and that this type of mission can still easily end in failure - something he'd also mentioned earlier. Two baddies depart leaving 3 up top on the boat and the main baddy below deck. Michael sneaks below deck and Fiona is perched with a rifle in a perfect position to eliminate any threats on deck.

When Michael finally jumps the main baddy below deck he has a completely dominant position and complete surprise on his side. Does he shoot him with one of the many guns he has? No. DOes Fiona start taking out the guys on deck? No.

That bothered me. Obviously the show is fantasy, but for even partial credibility's sake, they needed to kill all four guys. There's no way that leaving any of them alive would have been an option, otherwise their client would continue to be in danger.

Error on the bad guy's part? He only sent 2 dudes to go meet/eliminate Michael and Fiona. At this point he already knew they were serious threats, so that's also not a very realistic move.

I'm not looking for body count for the sake of gore, but if the plot requires it, leaving these guys still standing just makes the characters unbelievable.