Andy, I felt Cris was the one being a prick. But I *still* didn't treat him badly. I *still* didn't use sarcasm.

He came at a point I made and tossed it out by misquoting and bringing up a wedding example which wasn't at all applicable to the studio. Then in the latest post everything except using speedlights is in complete agreement with the points I've been making all along.

And that's fine. It's part of participating in a forum.

The latest post quotes my "wedding shots in the studio" question with a "yes" answer and then pictures which are anything but wedding - one is a studio shot and the other is a location shoot. A location shoot, but a planned and well executed one, where Cris has controlled the lighting. Not related to the studio setup that was being discussed.

Is there some problem where english on this BBS gets understood differently once it crosses to the UK?

When I'm talking out my ass, you can feel free to call me on it. I wouldn't make a recommendation if I didn't know what I was talking about. I'm not a professional photographer - It's just not something I find pays well enough for the investment, though I thoroughly enjoy the hobby and have a lot of education and experience in it.

Your post on the other hand is just out of place, antagonistic, rude and completely off-topic.