Originally Posted By: hybrid8
So Cris, you're pretty much, saying what I've already said. wink I don't have any first-hand experience with any modern studio lighting, so I can't make brand recommendations, but I'd still recommend a few speedlights. They're not terribly expensive (in the grand scheme of things) and have tremendous utility.

So you're basically saying you have no experience in this area, but yet are offering advice and questioning others ???

And BTW, neither of those shots are wedding shots.

Without doubt the stupidest thing I have ever seen you post on here. I think those shots both prove I have a very good understanding of studio lighting as well as using speedlights on location. And how the hell do you know that Ron & Dorothy were not renewing their vows ??? If you want to see some wedding photography check out my blog and try and tell me where I used flash and where I didn't.

I don't know if I'd ever risk touching PocketWizard's new stuff.

Yet again, any actual experience with PocketWizard? I own and use MultiMax, Plus II and TT5's. The TT5 are the most reliable and feature packed triggers out there, remember we are in the UK where the RF problems are not so evident. I use them almost everyday, in all sorts of situations. I've tried eBay triggers, Skyport, broncolor and Profoto triggers. PocketWizard every time. If you are weekend warrior I'm sure that the other solutions are ok, but in a professional environment there is nothing better out there.

For complete manual use and an easy no-brainer setup once you've got enough experience with the product, I'd probably go with a set of older PocketWizards - and I'd buy them used. smile

Getting a little tired of saying this, but yet again have you ever used the TT5 in a studio? It does everything that the others in the range to, and if you buy the new elinchrom units you can do a hell of a lot more. See my original recommendation that a visit to The Flash Centre who stock all these solution for specific advice.

Cheers

Cris.