Quote:
What sort of speeds you getting? I did have a "85Mbps" link between a room in the house and the garage but the throughput was awful. I assume because it had to actually travel all the way to the breaker panel and then back out again as they were on different circuits.

Using Netcomm Homeplug AV "200Mb/s" I get 50-60Mb/s throughput (i.e. ~5-6MB/s) doing file transfers between a Windows 7 machine running a linux VM and a Linux machine which was a good enough upgrade from a bridged 2.4GHz 802.11g where I'd see about 20-25Mb/s or 2-2.5 MB/s. So about a quarter of the rated speed. I didn't see much improvement when both were plugged into the same powerboard so that's probably about the limit.

So based on those numbers if wireless worked you'd see about the same thing throughput wise.

What you're saying about throughput I doubt though. The signals are going at what about 1/3 the speed of light? Distance mainly affects latency not throughput. Do a ping test. On a LAN you should get ~1ms (or better) pings if working well enough. Maybe that's not what you mean but that's how I read it. Maybe you did mean that the longer length would cause more signal loss/slower speeds.
#40104192 120Gb (no longer in my E36 M3, won't fit the E46 M3)