Originally Posted By: taym
I find the Nokia+MS agreement very interesting and possibly bringing some relevant mkt change, and you don't - if I understand you correctly.

On the contrary, I do find it interesting and something Nokia absolutely needed to do right now. They did have other possibilities in the past, but those flew them by (Palm as I used in my previous example). I also think it's going to shake up the market in Nokia/MS favor in some geographic locations, but IMO, I think they need more exclusivity in this venture. The other companies using MS software are still leaning more toward Android and I don't think they're going to do anything to help make the WinPhone platform shine as brightly as possible.

With the WinPhone platform split over many vendors, I don't think Nokia will be able to get the numbers they would otherwise. I do think this is a good move for MS as well, for they finally have a solid mobile company to push their software, and not just another one of a dozen third-rate conglomerates.

The biggest shame is that Nokia is going to lose a lot of its work force due to this decision.