Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Costco is also the cheapest place around here to buy cheese. It's just less convenient to get to than something right in town tough.

Yeah, that's my main problem with Costco, too. It's not convenient, and I refuse to go on the weekends (way too packed). I usually have to wait until I need a bunch of stuff from there like trash bags and stuff.

The thing that puzzles me about Costco is the extreme fluctuations in price differences between products in Coscto and normal stores.

Cheese, for example, can be 50-75% off standard prices, as I mentioned. In other cases (like paper towels, I believe), I've noticed Costco's prices are actually higher! I really would love to know why I can get goat cheese for 1/4 the price of the regular stores. It's even the same brand my local Giant carries.

Quote:
But when I'm there I almost always take a look at the cheese availability. A large wedge of pargiano regiano is an easy choice to make, since it keeps a relatively long time.

I have to ask: pargiano regiano? Parmigiano-Reggiano?

I'll have to check their prices on that stuff the next time I'm there. I seem to remember that being one of the few types that wasn't discounted all that much, which is a shame because it's some of my favorite stuff on earth!

Edited by Dignan (18/02/2011 04:23)