Matt, look at the number of high-priced Android phones compared to the overall number of Android phones. Small numbers. There are over 100 Android handsets right now to put this into perspective.

The iPhone customers have come from everywhere, but my point was that most Android customers have come up from feature or dumbphones. Yes, it's great to have more smartphones around, but the Android brand is not the draw here. The simple availability and price and bundles from the carriers are what's pushing sales in the biggest numbers. And while this is the case, you're going to continue to see manufacturers and carriers re-branding the hell out of the experience to try and establish their own flavor as a premium item. It hasn't worked so far and I won't hold my breath for it to work in the future.

MS is suposed to be significantly improving WP7 in the next update, offering a number of enhancements changes specifically for the email experience. I'm eager to find out if this latest Nokia rumor is true. I think MS needs it for long-term success. I don't think they're going anywhere following Google.

Recent Android security issues (transmitting auth in the clear):
http://www.uni-ulm.de/en/in/mi/staff/koenings/catching-authtokens.html

How many products will ever get a fix for this?

Edited by hybrid8 (17/05/2011 15:08)