I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Nexus S 4G last night. My hand was forced a bit by my Pre's battery going from "has trouble getting through a full day, even in airplane mode" to "has trouble getting through more than an hour or two."

I'm still finding my way around the phone, but so far, I'm impressed. It's definitely going to take me some time to get close to my old typing speed, but Swype seems to help a lot. The Netflix and Sling Player apps seem to work nicely over wifi, though I haven't tried them on 3G or WiMax yet.

What other apps should I try out? I found a free calendar app called Jorte that seems nice, and K-9 Email seems to be a better IMAP client than the stock one. What else do you guys use a lot? I'm working my way through the recommendations in Bitt's thread, but I thought there might be some new recommendations since that thread was active.

One app I could definitely use would be something like "Profiles" for PalmOS or "Mode Switcher" on WebOS. Basically, something to change phone settings (ring volume, vibrate on/off, etc.) based on time of day, location, etc.

I'm really sad about losing the Touchstone capability, especially in the car. Guess I need to find a decent car dock to hold it for GPS use at least.