Originally Posted By: DWallach
- The cool part of a DAP-1522 is the switch on the back, which can toggle it between AP mode and bridge mode. There was a time when we were doing some construction downstairs and had relocated bits of the home theater into our bedroom. You flip it from AP to bridge, and now everything you plug into it is back on your network.

My apologies, I'm confused why the ports can't work in AP mode. Can't the switch remain operational? In Tomato you're even given the option to turn the WAN port into another LAN port.

Quote:
Also nice would be more than four ports on the switch.

I've always found it odd that everyone seems to standardize around the 4-port switch on these routers (well, except for Apple, who uses three, which is not enough). I remember an early episode of the GDGT podcast where one of them was salivating over some router that was being released that had 8 ports, but realizing how silly it was to be so excited about something like that smile I agree though, it would be nice not to have to have an additional switch right next to the router just to add one or two more devices...