I'm glad to hear that you're liking it overall, Andy. I'm a big fan of Crashplan and have installed it on several clients' computers.

I went with "$6/month" for three reasons: 1) it's the cheapest option, 2) I can put my entire family (in-laws too) on this one plan, and 3) I don't mind the four years in advance because that at least assures that the price isn't going to change on me for the next four years. If they change their plans tomorrow, presumably they'd honor the deals they've already made and grandfather me in. Then, in four years, if I think the new prices are horribly high, I'd wager that by then we'll have methods of backup available to us that we haven't even thought of yet smile

Originally Posted By: Shonky
I have a NAS running unRAID. It runs Crashplan and backs up to their online service. This is where the important stuff is (photos, MP3s, files etc).

My laptop, MythTV machine, work laptop etc backup to the unRAID NAS locally. Some parts also back up directly to the online service.

One thing I wish Crashplan could do is backup to a network drive, or backup files on a networked drive. This is a big irritation for me, as I don't have a server that I can install Crashplan onto.