I have an HP-2025dn color laser printer which so far at least I am totally happy with, particularly since I found the sub-sub-sub-menu setting that turns off the "Stop The Printer - Your Toner Cartridge Is Low" behavior. (According to the front panel LCD, my yellow toner cartridge has been empty for more than two months, but strangely enough it continues to print yellow stuff just fine!)

One of the features of the HP printer driver is the ability to print booklets. For example, in my case, I have an Excel file (a list of all of my Kindle-formatted e-books) with about 650 rows all in a single column. In Booklet mode, this allows me to print in landscape mode double-sided with two columns on each side of each page, so the pages can be folded in half and stapled in the middle, and the program keeps track of which columns go where, not a trivial task when making a booklet. Think about it...

Anyway, this all works perfectly, except that I end up with one-inch (exactly) margins top and bottom, and nothing I can figure out will change that. I want .25" margins (my printer can do as small as .166" margins) but they come out at 1" no matter what I set them to. My header/footer settings are both at 0".

Attached is a sample of what my printout looks like.

Is there a way to control the top and bottom margins?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
e-books.jpg