Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Did you try decreasing the left and right margins?
All margins (left/right/top/bottom) are set at .25". I can't really decrease them much more. Increasing the left/right margins to 1" had no effect on top and bottom margins.

I seriously doubt that the printer driver knows anything at all about the source material.
I can specify paper size within the booklet setup page which is part of the print driver. (see attached)

If you take an image of an 8.5" x 11" page and shrink it so that its width is 5.5", the height of the resultant image is 7.12"
If I take an 11" x 8.5" piece of paper and fold it in half so it's width is 5.5", the height of the resultant image is 8.5".

If you're concerned about this, find some A4 paper and use that instead.
Okay, I cut a sheet of legal down to A4 size, and told Excel and the print driver that I was printing on A4. Top margin came out at 1/2", bottom margin at 3/4", despite being set to 1/4" for all four margins. However...I set up for legal size paper, and the top and margins came out pretty nearly as specified: 3/8" top, 1/4" bottom.

There is clearly some fundamental concept I am not understanding here, because I don't understand why aspect ratio and A4 paper sizes enter into this discussion at all. The printer "knows" it is printing on paper that is 11" wide and 8.5" tall, why can't it use all of it?

tanstaafl.

Attachments
LetterSize1.jpg

LetterSize2.jpg