Originally Posted By: hybrid8
By the same logic you should be allowed to run a restaurant or bar serving whatever you want. Endangered species. 100% grain alcohol. Spoiled vegetables and meat. Unsanitary kitchens. No fire exits. Over-capacity head count. No exhaust systems. No fire-safety equipment. No insurance (of course).

Sounds like an epic place to visit.

Of course, such a place wouldn't stay in business very long. And if they caused harm by operating an unsanitary kitchen, they'd be violating my principle of not causing harm, wouldn't they?

So, no, you aren't representing my position very well, and maybe that's because you don't understand it. Many people confuse liberty with anarchy, but it's not the same.

As long as it wasn't misrepresented, then sure, I'd support someone opening a business selling rotten meat. Nobody would open such a business, though, because nobody wants to buy rotten meat. Although, that's basically what a rendering plant buys, I guess.

What happens occasionally is that people sell rotten meat and claim it's fresh. That's fraud, and fraud is theft. So we both agree that shouldn't be allowed.